We all want clear, pimple-free skin, but not everyone can afford to visit the dermatologist in Coral Springs FL. Heck, many people can’t even afford to buy some of the over-the-counter medications. Even a little tube of acne cream could easily run you over ten dollars. And that might be fine if you knew that little tube of cream would work. But that’s often not the case, and so you’re forced to buy and test another product.
So, it’s not surprising that over many years, teen and adults have tried concoctions that have been passed on from prior generations. You’ve probably heard of some the remedies, and they can get pretty bizarre. As you might expect, most of them are just junk, but there is a bit of logic to a few remedies that make them worth testing. But before I reveal some great remedies, let’s quickly cover the cause of acne. It is a skin disease, by the way. It occurs most naturally in teenagers because of hormones, but there are things that can make it worse of better, depending on how you want to look at it. For example, diet plays a role.
Are you scarfing down lots of processed foods, sugar, high-fat, and glutens? These are bad news. So if this sounds like you, then dial it back a bit. Consume these foods on moderation or not at all. Add more fresh fruit and veggies to your diet. Go ahead, I won’t tell. But your body will thank you. And speaking of food, are you allergic to any food items? Sometimes dairy, eggs, and other products can aggravate your acne.
So cut back on these if you feel they could be affecting your skin condition. With those tidbits out of the way, let’s examine five home remedies for giving your acne the boot. If one doesn’t seem to change anything after a week or two, try another one.
1. Baking Soda – Baking Soda serves as a gentle way to remove dead skin cells from your face. It will also provide a cooling affect to your skin and reduce potential acne inflammation. To create a little baking soda mask, just combine a couple of tablespoons of baking soda with water until you get a paste. Spread the paste on the affected area and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes, or a little longer if you want.
2. Tea Tree Oil – Tea tree oil is famous for it’s anti-bacterial properties. You might even find it mentioned as an ingredient on the labels of some over-the-counter cleansers. You can find it at Whole Foods or similar health food markets. To use, just dab it on blemishes.
3. Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar – There are all kinds of vinegars in the marketplace. And this one is not as widely known as some of the others. However, it has certain antibacterial and anti-fungal properties. It’s great for detoxifying the skin. To use, simply drop a few teaspoons of it into water and apply to the face.
4. Garlic – In addition to scaring off vampires, garlic is known to repel zits and pimples too. Like some of the other remedies mentioned here, it has something to do with garlic’s antibacterial properties. When working with garlic, you’ll want to crush it down really fine and mix it with a little water. Than apply the garlic water to your face.
5. Lemon Juice – Lemons are synonymous with acid. But that is what makes them acne bacteria killing machines. The vitamin C in lemon juice is good for the skin as well. There’s nothing to mix with the lemon juice. Just slowly and gently rub it on the affected areas, and leave it on for 15 or 20 minutes.
Other things you can do include:
- Resisting the urge to pop your pimples as this could lead to scarring or infections.
- Buying a good moisturize and apply it to your face daily.
- Washing your face twice a day with a gentle cleanser. Soap and water are fine. Just don’t use harsh soaps.
So that’s about it. But here are a few more routine habits that you should develop for fighting acne and avoiding a dermatology professional for as long as you can. But certainly if you have a severe condition, go ahead and see a dermatology consultant. And if you’re suffering from post acne scarring or skin damage, then consider chemical peels in Coral Springs or other means to return your skin to it’s natural beauty.